Translation Services Toronto
Toronto — Canada's Most Diverse City
If there's one thing that sets Toronto, the capital of Ontario and the biggest city in Canada, apart from other cities, it's in the city's cultural diversity. With more than half of Torontonians having been born outside Canada, it creates a true patchwork theme and veritable melting pot that has become Toronto's hallmark. From local businesses to big corporations, diversity is present everywhere, a beacon for newcomers and tourists alike. Technovate Translations is the premier choice of translation agency in Toronto — it's where our first office was opened. Recognizing the needs of those in your city is critical to providing clients with what they really need from a translation company — fast, efficient service and a product they can be proud of.
Translation an Essential Service
Because of how attractive Toronto is as a place to start a family or set up a business for people from around the world, translation services that can provide accurate products in a timely fashion have become exceedingly important. Technovate specializes in a number of translation services, including personal document translation, translation of complex or specialized materials, website and software translation, foreign language desktop publishing and emergency translation.
As well, and particularly important in a city like Toronto that is steeped in history, Technovate has interpreters who provide live translation options so clients can get the full effect of everything from a conference call to a city tour without a language barrier.
|Top Toronto Industries|
- Toronto is the financial capital of Canada and is home to many brokerage firms and banks. Toronto has the 7th largest stock exchange market in the world. The Big Five (Canada’s five biggest financial institutions) have their headquarters in Toronto.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) is among the big five financial institutions in Canada. It has four important business units: Capital Markets, U.S. Wealth Management, and Commercial Banking, Canadian Wealth Management and Commercial Banking, and Canadian Small Business and Personal Banking. CIBC is the third strongest bank globally and is the leading banking institution in North America.
- Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD) is a financial service and national banking corporation with its headquarters in Toronto. It is the biggest bank in Canada in terms of assets. By market capitalization, it takes position two in Canada. The bank has more than 22 million clients and employs over 89,000 people. It has over 1,000 branches that serve the more than 11 million clients that it has. Its trust services and products include online banking, mortgages, and investment among others.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) leads all banks in Canada by market capitalization. It is a multinational bank that has over 85,000 employees globally and serves over 16 million customers globally.
- Bank of Nova Scotia or Scotiabank is the 3rd largest financial and multinational services company by market capitalization and deposits. The bank has over 25 million clients all over the world. Scotiabank offers a range of services and products including investment and corporate banking, wealth management, and commercial and personal banking,
- The most recent projection by Ontario government postulates that by 2041 the Greater Toronto Area will be home to an additional 2,800,000 people. That will increase the population of the region by more than 9,000,000 people. The increase will most likely be because of the immigrants who like to settle in cities.
- This decade has been the best to own property in Toronto. The last five years have witnessed an increase in home prices by over 57 percent, and by more than 131 percent in the last decade.
- On average, property in Toronto costs $788,355 today. It is condos that are pulling down the property prices. Condos cost an average of $530,000 in the Greater Toronto area.
- The average price of a home in Toronto is expected to rise by 3.2% year-over-year in 2020 to $669,800. the median price of a two-story house (detached and a condominium) is expected to rise by 3.1% and 3.6% to $785,400 and $506,100 respectively.
- Toronto is the top tourist destination in Canada. This dynamic, bold city offers events, music, and superb attractions backed by top-notch sports and convention facilities that only Canada can provide. In 2019, Toronto welcomed about 30 million visitors, of which 19 million were day visitors while 10 million were overnight visitors.
- The visitors in Toronto spend more than $10 billion annually, and there are an estimated 75,000 jobs that visitors’ spending supports. Over the last five years, the number of jobs supported by these visits has increased by over 10,000. The majority of the jobs relate to people who are involved directly in servicing the visitors, while the benefits all spill over to other sectors such as insurance, finance, real estate, and other sectors.
- There are more than fifty large tourism services establishments in Toronto. 30 of these are in performing arts, drink services, foods, and accommodation. These services account for 70% of all tourism-related services in Toronto.
- Toronto has a broad range of options for tourism: there are over 100 attractions and over 50 tour operators. Attractions include recreation and parks, international cuisine, performing arts, entertainment, sports, film, and music. There are over 500 venues for live music, and over 8,000 restaurants and over 44,180 hotel rooms.
- Toronto is a leading center for film production, information technology, telecommunication, publishing, and media industries in Canada.
- Toronto is home to Torstar, Rogers Communications, and Bell Media companies. Other prominent corporations headquartered in Toronto include the Hudson's Bay Company, Sun Life Financial, Manulife, Celestica, and Magna International.
- Currently, there are more than 4,000 technology startups in Toronto. It houses many startup accelerators innovation centers including DMZ, Creative Destruction Lab, MaRS Discovery District, OneEleven, and more.
- Toronto is home to Shopify, an online store that was launched in 2006. It has five offices in North America and has helped over 800,000 online stores earn more than $100 billion in revenues.
- Toronto is an industrial, financial, distribution, and commercial center. Its wealth of hydroelectric power and raw materials has made it a primary center of the manufacturing industry.
- The greater Toronto area produces more than 50 percent of all manufactured goods in Canada.
- Laserglow Technologies is the first company to manufacture beam expanders to be used on handheld lasers. This optoelectronics company markets laser components and systems including laboratory/OEM lasers, portable lasers, and laser pointers.
- Kanati Clothing Company is another top manufacturing company in Toronto. It is a lifestyle company that manufactures men’s sportswear. The brand is shipped to Japan, Europe, U.K., and North America.
- Toronto is the capital of Ontario (Canada’s most populous province). It has many educational institutions ranging from elementary schools to universities.
- The University of Toronto is known for commerce, medicine, and engineering
- York University leads in psychology, kinesiology, and business administration
- Ryerson is the best known for communication & design, hospitality, and management.
- A top community college is Seneca College, which is known for its social work studies, early childhood education, and accounting.
|Technovate TORONTO Stats (2020)|
|Businesses Served||Projects||Main Industries||Main Docs Translated|
|Major Schools in Toronto|
|University of Toronto||York University||Ryerson||Seneca College|
Commun. & Design
Early Childhood Ed.
Always Here to Help
Technovate takes translation seriously. We employ a team of translators that are native speakers of more than 150 languages, ensuring that no matter what your needs are, we have the people available to meet them. Our specialists in Toronto are available 24 hours a day by phone or online at TechnovateTranslations.com. Don't get lost in the crowd of people and languages in Toronto — let Technovate help you stay connected.